Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Isabel

I just wanted to share something that happened this morning with Isabel.

Telling Isabel that we lost Grayson was to me one of the hardest parts of all of this. God gave us the words to use and it worked out great but that little heart of hers was surely broken. She cried and hugged me Joey and told us how sorry she was. For a few weeks she wanted nothing to do with talking about Grayson. I tried to let her know that she was still a big sister and that she was special because her baby sister was living with God and how cool that was and it was okay to tell her friends. Well, she still avoided talking about this in any way possible. The past couple of weeks after many prayers for her, God gave her the peace in her heart to begin speaking more of Grayson.

This morning I was taking Isabel and my neighbors kids to school. My neighbor is pregnant and due very soon. Isabel was talking to the little girl in the back seat and said "YOu know your a big sister and I am too! Except my baby sister Grayson lives with my Jesus in heaven isn't that cool?" I began to immediately cry while I was driving, because I was sad but mainly because I was so thankful that Isabel knows Jesus now. I pray all the time that she can feel God and that he will allow her to not be confused on who he is but to know that He is there and how much he loves her. To hear her say this confirmed those prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made my day! I am so proud for ya'll.

mandy said...

Sweet Isabel, I am glad that she too has a way to find comfort. You both do an amazing job of parenting her.

Kelly Waldrop said...

She is so precious and way smarter than her years. You and Joey are great parents and she is learning so much from the two of you.