Friday, June 5, 2009

Almost Here

It has been a while since I've updated this blog! We are so close to the end of this pregnancy I wanted to give a final update. We will be 35 weeks on this Saturday and initially I was really pushing to have Knox delivered next week at the beginning of the week. Dr. Tucker finally just told me "Not going to happen" about a week ago. Of course I was crushed because although I do not want him to come too early I am fearful of the unknown for carrying him much longer. I was exactly to the day today as far along when we had Grayson. Satan has been working overtime trying to blind side me to believing that we will lose Knox any day now because something is wrong with my body. God has been pushing peace on me though and I am convinced this is not true and that what happened with Grayson was a complete rare thing to happen and has nothing to do with my body or with Knox. I have been going every Monday for the past month or so to have a Non Stress Test done to measure his movements versus his heart rate. It's been nice going in every Monday morning and laying there listening to his sweet little heart beat for an hour or so. We have been also going every Thursday and having ultrasounds to make sure he looks okay which he always does. He has been laying head down pretty much the entire pregnancy and has waved at us a few times with his little fingers. His cord has stayed put laying straight across his tummy and I'm praying it stays there!

Having an ultra sound every single week for as long as we have has already made us feel so extremely close to him. He is a very little active thing and has the hiccups almost every other day poor little thing! But the doctor said this is a good sign. I had steroid shot injections last Tuesday and again on Thursday to help his lungs develop a little sooner than normal because he will be here so soon. I was really nervous about having them because I am so afraid to even drink a coke at this point much less steroid shots! But I was assured after lots of prayers that the shots are completely fine for him.

So here we are at the end of all this and go back Monday for a Non Stress Test again then Thursday for a final weigh ultra sound and Dr. Tucker is trying to schedule my C-section for Friday late evening or no later than Saturday morning. So he will be here either the 12th or 13th at the latest! That is only a week away! There is a small chance that because he will be 36 weeks he may require some oxygen when he comes out so my request for prayer is of course for Knox to hang in there till next week and to also have his lungs ready so he can stay with us in the room and not have to go to the NICU. Hopefully the next time I post something on here it will be his sweet little face!

I pray that God will allow us to feel your prayers and I firmly believe that the Holy Spirit is without limit and does allow us to feel them. So please if you think of us in your prayers we would appreciate it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Again, I was so excited for the both of you! Little Knox is so lucky to have you and Joey as parents! I will be saying lots of prayers this week :)

Shannon said...

I have been thinking about you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. He's almost here. I love you Gretchy!!!

Anonymous said...

Little Knox is almost here and this is a wonderful time for you all. Every day knox and you are in my thoughts, prayers and heart. Lot's of Love ♥ ♥ Amber