Tuesday, April 14, 2009

good things

I just realized today how long it has been since an update and we have been to the doctor a few times since the last post! The latest appointment was not scheduled but turned out to be a great one. Yesterday I had a horrible morning at work to say the least. Actually my entire weekend was stressful because of work and I am trying to learn to give these things up to God more than dwell on them. I'm usually better at this but this past weekend satan surely had a hold of me! I know I felt Knox kick but think I was so stressed out that I was not aware of it like I normally am. So Monday morning I started having contractions which has actually been happening for months now but Doctor Tucker said it's normal as long as certain symptoms don't progress along with the contractions which they haven't so I have just learned to deal with them. So Monday along with being stressed out I convinced myself he was not moving the way I wanted him too. So I took the rest of the day off and Joey and went to the doctor to have an ultra sound. The moment Jan put the dopplar on my tummy she immediately pointed out his heart beat which is always a great thing for us to see right off the start! But the second she showed us the heart beat little Knox crossed one of his feet over the other and stretched his arms above his head and let out the biggest yawn! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. It was almost like he was saying "okay I'm trying to sleep and now you've woken me up whats the fuss all about" Bless his little heart. His anatomy looked great and Jan said he has even started "practicing breathing" which JOey and I were unaware they even did this in the womb.

He is almost 28 weeks and 2 lbs 7 oz. He is in his 58% of weights for his "age" so he may potentially be a big baby. Either way he is the absolute cutest little thing in the world! Dr. Tucker has been so great he kept our appointment for next week and we will get to have another ultra sound! I live for those days..

He also told us we could have a private transition when we have Knox. Our next door neighbor is a nurse at the hospital we are having him at and she said we could request her. This means once we have him he never has to leave us! How great is that!? He will stay in his little incubator his first 4 hours right next to my bed in the room so he never has to go to the nursery they will keep the nurse in our room with us! I know a lot of people say things like "oh you better enjoy that last night while you have a nursery to send him to, but mark my words when I say no matter how tired or sore I am I would potentially be dangerous to anyone who tried to take him out of my sight that first day and night! :) I've had PLENTY of nights alone this past 9 months missing Grayson and wishing so bad I had a baby to wake up with. My friends think I am insane because I think it is such an honor to be a mom and wake up in the middle of the night with a crying child. Ever since Isabel was little I never minded the sleepless nights with her, I was certainly born for this!

We will not know our official due date until about a week before but we are still looking around the week of June 18th or the week that follows. Please continue to pray that little Knox will hang in there until then and keep growing healthy and for God to give us the Holy Spirit to continue filling us with the peace only he can give us! I praise Him every day for his unfailing love and peace he has given to me!

3 comments:

hillfamilyms said...

I can't believe you only have 2 months left to go??? I am so proud that Knox is well and you are doing well, too. :)

Amanda said...

Gretchen you are a wonderful mother and I can't wait to meet Knox. I am proud to call you my friend.
Love
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I admire your faith and spirit---am so proud of the parents that you and Joey are---and the big sister that Isabel is!! Knox is a very blessed baby! I am so thankful to have you as a daughter and friend. I love you, Barbie