Wednesday, January 28, 2009

IT'S A BOY!

We went to the doctor yesterday and found out we are having a BOY! We all knew or felt it was a boy and were not too surprised. I just felt that it was a boy the entire time. My mom checked Isabel out of school early for us and so Isabel went with us. She was so excited and of course Joey is beside himself! She said "I told you it was a boy!" He is such an active little thing! He flipped around so many times it took her a little bit to get his heart rate because the little cutie wouldn't hold still.

I feel just so blessed that God would give us another baby so soon. Even though our due date was July 11th and still is set at that, Jan (our ultra sound tech) said it was measuring at July 9th as of yesterday. This is only one day after we had little Grayson oddly enough. Which makes me realize how great God is to give us a 2nd one all in one year, how amazing! Dr. Tucker has said though that he will take him as early as 36 weeks no later than 37 weeks. So we are thinking the 2nd to last week in June.

Of course I cried all afternoon yesterday mainly because I kept thinking of Grayson and feeling overwhelmingly blessed to have this little guy at the same time...grief is a very odd thing as it is but very strange in my situation as well. I grieve for Grayson every day and cry for her at least once a day lately but its so odd because its times I begin bonding with this little guy that I think of her. I did start to feel him move a couple of days ago and really yesterday felt him quite a bit. I think God told him to just remind his mommy that hes in there and fine! :)

I have to admit I have been a little taken over by some fear this week. Fear of the worst, but I was reminded today by an unbelivable sister in Christ Judy B that God does not give me this fear. Satan is working over time to take every ounce of joy out of us for this baby. She reminded me that God loves this baby more than I could ever imagine, that God is in charge and not satan and that he will not torment me if I can hold tight to the truth! ....thank you Judy you are amazing and thank you for praying with me today!

So now sadly enough I still have a nursery full of pink that needs to be dealt with. So when I get ready I will replace the pink with blue. I assume Ill probably wait until the night before he comes! :) My dear friend Heather is having a boy and there is a very good chance that we will have them on the same day! She lives in Texas and is coming to visit in March so I am hoping and thinking that her being here will help get me excited to do some shopping!

Thank you for your prayers every one of them are felt!

5 comments:

The Thurmans said...

I'm so happy for you, Joey and Isabel. You are such a strong woman, Gretchen. You have been through so much more than most of us will ever have to endure. We will be praying during the next few months. We love you! Please let us know if there is anything that we can help with!

Melanie said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for your family!! You all are soooo incredibly blessed!!!
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joey and Gretchen! We will get you in the shopping mood because I know Joey does not want a pretty boy..he cant be wearing all Isabells stuff! We love yall!
Kacey and RJ

Anonymous said...

I am so so happy for you and Joey! You have NO idea how much I wish I could be there! I cannot wait to meet him ( I was going to say his name, but I didn't know if you wanted your readers to know it yet!! ha) He is going to be a little angel!! Rocket 5!

3-D said...

Congratulations!!