Saturday, January 10, 2009

doctor appointment

Its has been a little while since I have posted an update but my doctor appointment is not for a few more weeks. However I managed to slip in an appointment a week ago so I wanted to tell you about it! A week ago Friday I was at work and had been feeling bad the few days before. My legs and my arms have been going numb and aching pretty bad. They had gotten worse on Friday morning. My job has been stressful to say the least the past month and I was pretty sure this is why I was having these problems. But I began to panic a little that morning because I thought that this was a sign of a miscarriage. I called my doctor and they said they were about to close early for the day but to just come in anyways. I got in my car and called one of my close friends and just began to cry. I think I knew in my heart that everything was fine but I began to think of the day I left work to "run up to the doctor to just get checked real quick" to find out we had lost Grayson. I was a little overwhelmed. My friend reminded me that I have slipped up on my quite times with my bible studies lately and I knew that this is why my peace had started to get stirred up lately.

When I got the the doctor I waited about an hour and I prayed and tried to just think good thoughts but my mind kept wondering back to the day we lost Grayson. SO FINALLY they called me back and Dr. Tucker came in and I started crying and he went ahead and checked the heart beat and of course the little thing was still there! So we talked a while and he told me that he thought stress was a contributing factor to why my arms and legs were like this. But that also when your pregnant this can happen and that we would just watch it. I had also been taking a ton of Zofran for sickness and he said there was a possibility that it could cause this. So I was about to leave and he asked me if I wanted to just go downstairs and get an ultrasound. I got so excited! I said "Really I can?" He said of course and to just go downstairs because they were closing. SO when I went downstairs the lady who did all my ultra sounds with Grayson was there. Her name is Jan. She is the one who told me we had lost Grayson that day. When she saw me she asked me if there was a problem finding the heart beat and I assured her it was there but that I was just an insane pregnant women stressed out who would appreciate seeing her baby! She was SOOO sweet and there was no one waiting! I asked her to record it so I could surprise Joey with it. We had not seen the baby yet only a heart beat before. SO she hooked me up and there the little thing was! Strong heart beat and everything. It only kicked its little legs a couple of times and she said this was completely normal at 3 months that they don't move hardly at all at this time. The fun and peaceful part was that she let me lay there a very long time and just watch it. We talked about Grayson and about this baby and it was so nice! I appreciate her so much for that!

So that night I went home and gave the pictures to Joey and we watched it. He was so excited and kept pausing it on the baby's "parts" to try to figure out what it was. Jan said she had an idea but it was still to early to tell. But I am almost certain its a boy! Who knows though!

Thank you for caring and most importantly praying and I pray for GOd to continue to give us complete peace. There is no one in the world that can tell me ANYTHING to make me at peace or show me anything. I am confident it can ONLY come from Him and thats what my entire days have to be filled with in order to receive it!

Will keep you posted in the next few weeks!

2 comments:

dawn said...

I am so proud of you and so excited for you at the same time!
I am really grateful that our family gets to "experience" this great blessing with you.
Have a great day in HIM!
Love you,
Dawn

3-D said...

I just want to let you know that you have an awesome team you are working with. I cannot say enough about Dr Tucker, his nurse Judy, and Ms Jan. I promise you that you are not a crazy pregnant lady, I thought the same thing, because I was calling for the slightest uneasy feeling. I know that I am just a mere voice on Jeff's daily conference calls, but I am praying for you and your little bundle of joy!!!